Monday, May 26, 2008

Yorkshire

We drove through Yorkshire on our return from Edinburgh.

We stopped at Holy Island. Twice per day, for five hours each time, the ocean covers the only road. We made it on to the island, but this is as close as we got to Lindisfarne Castle, as the tide was coming in even as we arrived.


We passed Bamburgh Castle as we headed down the coast.


Here is Joseph at Alnwick Castle, where we spent the afternoon. This castle was used as the set for Hogwartz.

The courtyard at Alnwick Castle has a statue of a knight.


In Alnwick Castle is an area where visitors can dress in royal garb, joust on a moving platform, go through a mirror maze, and do about 10 other activities.

Here the kids are a Hogwartz... I mean, Alnwick Csatle.

Parts of the interior on display are spectacular, but photography was prohibited in those areas. So, this is one of the few photos I was able to take inside the castle.


A walkway leads along the castle wall.



Our next destination was York. The cathedral in York is immense and beautiful, but difficult to capture in a photograph because of its size.



4 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

Beautiful pictures. What great memories you guys are making together. I love that picture of Joey smiling. I hope someday we can go to some of these amazing places. Thanks for sharing!

The White Wash said...

Joseph and Jenny,

Chrissy wanted to leave a note and couldn't, so I am leaving it for her. Happy Birthday Jenny!! Your pictures are fun to see. I miss and love you. Please put me someone who can leave a message_ love Chris

4 lbs 1 ash said...

So Jenny, I tagged you, would love for you to play if you feel like it. It is kinda fun to see what you write. Read my post to play.

Juliann said...

Wow, Jenny! I can't believe all the amazing places you guys get to visit. What a great opportunity. Keep posting pictures! I love it!

Joseph and Jenny McDermott Family